Monday, December 30, 2013

My month in review of my kids' milestones..

Over on the blog Use your stuff challenge blog, they posted about my favorite peep, Janet and her system of Month in review (MIR).  Here is the link that explain her whole process: http://useyourstuff.blogspot.fr/2013/12/a-month-in-review-free-online-class-by.html.  

I decided to work on my kids milestones.. Each month I have taken the kids' monthly pictures and written journals of what they have accomplished. 

Planning stage:


1.       PICK the SIZE - 12x12

2.       ALBUM BRAND - WRMK Faux Leather

3.       ALBUM COLOR - Kiwi-Amber, Buttercup-Caleb, baby blue-Tyler

4.       PAGE PROTECTORS - Regular 12x12 WRMK page protectors

5.       NUMBER of PAGE PROTECTORS - 12-double pages..

6.       PHOTO PRINTING - I am hoping to have my charm purchased and use it at home, bigger size like 5x7 and 8x10 will be shutterfly 

7. Pick a sketch-I'm using Scrapbook generation Travel sketch book.

8. Make an Outline-
      Title Page-12 pictures of kid-year-to introduce the album..
12 months (12-2 page spreads)
Milestone chart of weight and height with pictures of their shots.
embellishments-
titles-Little yellow bicycle-Sharon ann baby safari-boy and girl,Simple story baby cards for tyler..
Extras-border punch, photo corners, circle punch, any rub on i may have to use..etc..


Here is my trial run of sketch I'm using:
  
 That LYB monthly journal tags that I will be using as my title then three scallop circles represent embellishments areas.. then my journal box will list kids' milestones for that month.. will be printed on SU whisper white paper then adhere to color mat behind it.. I will use either ribbon or twine.. and some stampings may pop up here.. I also can switch them around a bit for each month.. edited to add: that i may use 4x6 for photos instead of 5x7 just look better than i originally plan.. lol



the papers I'm using for this MIR:

Whisper White Stamping Up
 Echo Park: Baby boy and little boy collection
SS baby cards
LBY journal cards
 Echo Park: Baby girl and little girl collection
LBY journal cards


this is as far i got as the past two months, life just got in way.. so many unexpected things has happen but I'm looking forward to get back to this project and get it together.

1 comment:

Isbaha said...

Thank you for sharing your process, I love your paper's choice ! Nice trial layout.