Thursday, September 29, 2011

Burlap & Buttercup Challenge

I saw this sketch over at Burlap & Buttercup sketch with a twist challenge. I had to try it.  the challenge is to use the sketch and add a sewing element to it.  Here is the link to sketch: http://burlapandbuttercups.blogspot.com/2011/09/sketch-challenge-with-twist-september.html





I rotated the sketch that the strips of pattern is on bottom.  I put journal boxes on left side and the tittle on right which balance it out.  I use heart shape die cut as a circle element.  the border around heart look like stitch.  I also add rub-on stitches to the left side of journal boxes and the top of picture.  I'm sorry for bad pictures as the weather has not been cooperating at all.  Until next time, have a good night..

1 comment:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a fun take on my sketch! I so love the heart and what an adorable picture! thanks so much for playing with us at burlap and buttercups!